Inside every woman is a little girl... And inside that little girl is a princess...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life Begins at 40...My 1st Blog

Whoever said that at forty years old life is nearing its end? Well, I used to think that way when I was a bit younger (maybe in my 20’s or 30’s). And now that i am 40 (I had my bday last April) I don’t feel a wee bit older than I did ten or twenty years ago (oh, maybe a few body aches here and there but aside from that I still feel the same. Although the favorite songs of my teenage years are coming back and are now being considered as retro. A good thing at this age though is that, I could say that I love myself more now. I have gained this certain air of confidence that I never possessed way back then. I feel as if there is nothing I could not conquer at this age as long as I put my mind into it. I have been feeling this way for a few years now.
Maybe that is why at 36, the thought of going back to college and take up Nursing (everyone seems to think it’s the in thing right now if you want to get rich quick and live the great american dream!) suddenly popped in my mind. And so now, after 4 gruelling years I finally got my 2nd college degree (the first one was Commerce - Major in Business Administration). These last 4 years back in college (again!) have been a test of my endurance and patience, not only as a student, a wife, a mom (I have 2 kids by the way) and as a human being. I gained more knowledge and wisdom because of this big step i have taken at this stage in my life.I have learned so many new things from my new found friends (although I still kept my old pals, love you guys!) who are so much younger than me that they could even pass as my kids had I decided to marry and have kids in my 20’s. I am now up to date as to latest songs and fashion (lest, i want to be left out in our conversations at breaktime during lecture or hospital duty).But giving it a lot of thought, if I would be able go back in time I’d probably won’t do it again,that is,return to schooling. Nursing is no easy course, you know. I breezed my way through Commerce but I cried buckets of tears in Nursing.
Oh well, I am just glad that part of my life is finally over. You just can’t imageine the relief I felt after I graduated last April. And I am proud to say that, I am now a nurse, a registered one at that (I passed the nursing board exam June 2007). Even if I am not yet practicing my profession i am looking forward to it. And I am so excited in this new career path that I have chosen for myself. It seems that at 40, a lot of new doors both in my career and personal life is opening. If my husband’s and my plans push through I’d probably be sitting in front of a computer in Qatar making my next blog. The statement that "Life begins @ 40" has new meaning to me now. Because I am a living testament of it. Whoever said that at forty years old life is nearing its end? Not me, i’m sure about that. Because at 40 i feel as though my life is just starting…
(September 18, 2007 )

No comments: